Moving to South America?
June 15, 2017
Get Hooked on International Moving
July 5, 2017

If you are moving to the UK please apply for your ToR number (transfer of residence for duty and tax free entry of your household goods into the UK) at least 3-4 weeks before you plan on shipping your goods.

We can not load your items into a container until you have the ToR number. You can apply up to 6 months in advance so please apply as soon as you can.

UK Customs asks for a packing list when you apply for your ToR number so the best thing to do is use our online packing list creator and estimate boxes you might be shipping. If the final packing list is different it will be fine. At least you will have given Customs a good idea of what you are taking which is all they need at this point.


For more information on completing the ToR and how to submit the ToR, please click here.

The Moving Doctor
The Moving Doctor
"The Moving Doctor", Mark Nash has been in the moving business for over 33 years and currently sits on the board of the International Shippers Association and the Commercial Affairs committee at the International Association of Movers (IAM).

Comments are closed.

Skip to content