Here are 5 questions you should ask your international mover that may not be on your radar when shipping a part load move overseas:
Ask the following:
1. Do they load the shipping containers themselves or rely on a third party to do so? (Obviously more care is apparent if you do this yourself and not outsource to the cheapest vendor.)
2. Do they palletize or load loose? Loading each shipment on a separate pallet or in a crate is a lot less stressful on you and your shipment than having it all loaded loose into a container with everybody else’s stuff mixed in. It also virtually eliminates the risk of items going missing!
3. Do they have an FMC License? You need one to move people from the USA legally.
4. Does the person you are talking to on the phone actually see your shipment? You’d be surprised how many people that you might be talking to have never ever seen a container being loaded.
5. Can they take pictures of your shipment when it arrives at the shipping warehouse and loaded in a container and text them to you?
We don’t think we need to point out the obvious that UPakWeShip answers yes to all of the above!